The organization of the subjects included in this LibGuide reflects the strength of the databases to support the subject indicated.
- Subject databases provide the most important & relevant articles and citations for the the indicated subject;
- Muti-disciplinary databases include the indicated subject among many subjects;
- Supplementary databases provide support and peripheral information to the the indicated subject.
Images are assigned to each databases indicating login requirements and other resource features:
- this image indicates a subscription database requiring your IU East username and password.
- this image indicates a freely available, selected website.
- this image indicates reference and basic information resources: Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, etc.
- this image indicates databases that include peer-reviewed, scholarly articles.
- this image indicates databases that include controversial, issue based articles.
- this image indicates databases accessible to Ivy Tech students.
Academic Year Hours
- Mon.- Thurs. 8am-7pm
- Friday 8am-5pm
Databases by Subject Areas
Click on the tabs above to browse the databases by subject.
Or click the subject links below:
Best Practices for using Campus Library E-Resources
To avoid access problems from off-campus review the list below:
- Create a new web browser page or window and begin on the library's website- http://iue.edu/library or http://iue.libguides.com.
- Do not begin a library search from OneStart or Oncourse.
- As you enter a database, you will be asked to enter your userid and passphrase/word. The IU East IT department provides this service. To get to some full-text resources this must be completed. Example of screen below.
- If you do not see the login page, close everything, if possible, and try again.
- Report access problems to Matt Dilworth or contact by telephone at 765-973-8279.